Monday 13 June 2011

Pottery Pond

We had to go to Bovey Tracey twice last week for wedding-related things. The place we were going was on a road we hadn't been to before and we were pleased to find a large pond that we hadn't previously visited.


Although it was drizzling we had a lovely walk around the pond (we did not make it as far as Hay Tor!) and met a friendly family of geese who were bent on the destruction of some flag iris:

We then proceeded to Little Bradley Ponds - one of my favourite nature reserves because it is such a good spot for dragonflies. There were few dragonflies about on such a cloudy wet day, but I was very excited to see a snake, or at least the tail end of a snake as it slithered very quickly into some gorse as I approached it. Needless to say I spent the next half an hour searching for another, but it was not to be.

Although I only saw a pair of chasers, damselflies were more abundant:

1 comment: